Thursday, February 17, 2011

Kate's School Bag

My husband is a wonderful stay at home Dad who recently started a part time sales job that he can do at home. After the first few weeks he realized he really needed some daytime hours to do some work and it's hard with Kate home. She's 19 months old now, and quite the chatterbox. And her naptime is usually around 12 or 12:30, and my 3.5 year old comes home from preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1, so he didn't have much time to get anything done. He wanted to enroll Kate in the same school Dash was in, and it kind of broke my heart. She's so tiny! I know, I'm being silly, but I really had a hard time letting her go. One of the few things that made it easier was deciding to make her a school bag. I couldn't let her go to school with her stuff in a plastic bag. ;)

I took one of my favorite purses that is actually a small diaper bag and just traced the dimensions on paper. It's a pretty basic bag design (and my first attempt at this kind of applique, don't laugh) so it came together quickly. Next time I'll choose blockier characters. :)

Here's the front:

Photobucket

And the back with the fancy pocket. :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment