Monday, February 28, 2011

Girl on Swing

When I made that giant quilt for Kate, I had a ton of scraps left over. Recently I found this tutorial and decided it was perfect for all those scraps! I quickly cut them all down to blocks and ironed them onto my base fabric, and then it sat there forever waiting for me to quilt it. =) I finally finished it this weekend and love it! Aneela Hoey rocks for sharing that tutorial, especially for free!

Swinging_Small

Closeup_Small

Such an awesome mini-quilt, and I didn't have to buy a single thing for it. The fabrics are Kona Cotton in white, a random array of Amy Butler fabrics and scraps from here and there for the tree and dress.

I should have done something like this first. The size of it was so easy to manage while I was quilting. This one is going to go over Kate's bed as soon as I can part with it over my sewing machine. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment