Monday, February 14, 2011

Birdie Stitches of the Month

I love embroidering but I don't do it much. I came across this block of the month though that featured embroidery and the patterns were right up my alley. Here is block one:

Block1

And block two:

DSC_0593

I washed the white fabric so it wouldn't shrink in the wash, which I still think was a good move. however, I washed the charm pack used for the border (I should have just been able to quarter each 5x5 square to make each little square) and they shrank too, of course, so they weren't quite 5x5 anymore. What a mess. The first one, I did the best I could and just did the seam allowance smaller than I usually do and trimmed them up at the end. The second one, I cut the charm squares in half, sewed them together and then cut the long strip in half so I made two sides with one cut. WAY easier.

The Birdie block of the month can be found here and if you look over on the right hand side she has a link to each block so far and the supply list. Super fun.

http://www.littlemissshabby.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment